Wednesday, September 10, 2008

28 Notables From My 28 Years

I turn 28 on Friday. I've never not been excited for my birthday before this year. So, I made a list of things I've either accomplished or enjoyed in these 28 years--in no particular order.
  1. I have taught school for over 7 years.
  2. I have yodeled in the Alps.
  3. I own hundreds of books.
  4. I've sold hundreds of copies of a CD I made with my band.
  5. I have been endowed in the temple.
  6. I graduated from Brigham Young University.
  7. I decided to be a teacher when I was in 3rd grade, and I still haven't changed my mind that it was the perfect decision for me.
  8. I have a closet full of outdoor gear, including 3 sleeping bags, 2 tents, rock climbing gear, and snowshoes.
  9. I had my own TV show on a cable station.
  10. I have planned and executed several girl-only trips from Canada to Hawaii to Maple Canyon.
  11. I bought a car and paid for it in less than a year.
  12. I know over a dozen poems by heart.
  13. I hiked Havasupai.
  14. I play clawhammer banjo.
  15. I have collected nearly a week's worth of music if it were played constantly.
  16. I play the Irish bodhran.
  17. I own a soft bed.
  18. I have survived major heartache and heartbreak.
  19. I have been in a hot air balloon.
  20. I have biked through Ireland, and I sang in a pub in Dublin.
  21. I have taught over 250 children, and most of them still love me.
  22. I have visited 14 National Parks.
  23. I have been a bridesmaid for at least 6 friends' weddings.
  24. I have lived with over 43 roommates.
  25. I've discussed the Gospel with numerous strangers on airplanes.
  26. I know how to bottle fruit.
  27. I have smiled so much in these 28 years that I have little lines around my eyes to show for it.
  28. I have outlasted all of my brothers and sisters in getting married.

9 comments:

Whitney said...

Pretty impressive list! I love that even though my list is so different from yours, you are such a great friend and we still have plenty to talk about. Happy Birthday Cass.

Susan said...

Thank you for bringing me 28 years of laughter from the day you stepped out of your diaper in sacrament meeting and left it sitting in the aisle to the day that you and I laughed ourselves silly when we were trying to ask where a bathroom was in Switzerland. You keep me smiling.
MOM

Whitney said...

Even if our list of accomplishments is very different, Kevin pointed out to me that the reason you and I have so much in common is because our list of priorities is the same. No wonder I think you have your head on straight. :)

Happy Birthday Cass! (again, this time on the actual day)

The Nortons said...

Why didn't I know that now ALL the Singley's have blogs? I know that I am not on official member of the Singley family, but you all know I know how to act like one, so I feel I should have been updated about all the blogs.

Love you!

KC and DL said...

Cassie,
You have accomplished a lot. Congratulations and Happy Birthday. I hear really intelligent people are born in September. Fun to catch up on your life.
Kyle

Amy said...

Hi Cassie! And Happy Birthday last month!

Kalli said...

Cassie!
First, let me say--you are awesome! I admire you in so many ways, and I always have.

In answer to your question (on my blog) No, my friend's last name is not really Twistysocks, sadly. Its a long story...

Tamilisa said...

What a great idea. Love the list!

Di Di said...



تركيب دش
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فنى تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض