Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Do You Hear What I Hear?...

I hear those wedding bells jingling ding ding ding-a-ling ding!"
For the past year, I have lived with a great friend named Kate. Her unique outlook and personality make her hard to describe. Kate is a doer. She's constantly active, but she's patient with those who have to be taught her ways. I'm constantly amazed at how teachable she is, and how willing she is to teach. Before Kate, I had never used the word "chi" to describe anything, I had been too nervous to try wake boarding, I never had thought to hang out at a skate park, and I had no clue someone could be so different and so similar to me at the same time.
Kate gets married on Friday. She is marrying a guy she sometimes refers to as a frog--a singing frog. Barrett is the perfect match for a girl like Kate. Neither of them would make sense with anyone else.

Friday will be the end of an era. We've been pretty inseparable up until now. I'll miss keeping her up too late, having her ask how it feels to be so little ("Just look at her!"), and sitting through Relief Society while she pokes me to death. We're planning post-marriage adventures, so all is not lost.

Barrett's basement will be finished soon, and there will be plenty of space for me to move in with them sometime this fall. It'll be perfectly cozy. I'll bring the popcorn, and I'm sure Kate will supply the natural salt, olive oil, all the chi we need. Scoot over just a little Barrett, I don't take up that much space!
Sk8 or die!

2 comments:

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Cassie! So good to hear from you! Well, here's to commenting on your new blog...
Dang guys! Always out to steal friendships! I'm glad ours still exists though. If you ever come through Tulsa OK or just want a vacation, you've got room, board, and gluten free meals.
As far as your picture... sssoooooo funny! With three grown women, three small kids. All of whom are sitting around such profound grafitti. I'm still chuckling!

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Still chuckling... in all of my anatomical studying, I still have to learn what the "bob" part is.