Saturday, July 26, 2008

Una botella con agua mineral, por favor.

As a high school Spanish student, I thought this phrase was equally sophisticated and fun to say. Now, I'm dreaming of water with far fewer minerals, muchas gracias!This morning, my kitchen sink looked like the "before" picture on a water softener commercial. There was a thick coating of hard green/gray matter on every square millimeter of metal. I have tried unsuccessfully to scrub the tar out of my faucet with rough sponges and brushes to no avail. It has finally come down to two things: Shower Power and a kitchen knife. I spray the thing down, wait a minute as it foams, then I scrape ever last flake of nasty until I see the silver shine through. It's a messy job, but my sink sparkles now.
Sophisticated? Yes, I think so.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Shower Power, I see. Did you use that even before it was one of the only approved cleaning products in Heritage Halls?

cassie said...

Heritage was my first encounter with the product. I'd like to think I learned a few things my freshman year...

Whitney said...

That top picture is pretty nasty.

Deb's Big Hunk said...

What was that top picture? Anyway, bien hecho senorita. Me gusta como brilla! Me parece que Shower Power es bien poderoso! hasta pronto. :)

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Helllloooooooo, what is that weird picture of? My curious mind is about to explode! :)